Sunday, December 5, 2010

my decision

hey everyone! how are you guys doing? you like the new look??? i decided that it was time for a little change. i took the music off and i will just post songs of the day/week posts instead. things have really been moving fast for me lately. i decided to finally move away from memphis. things here aren't working out the way that i planned. sometimes you have to make decisions that are going to affect your tomorrow instead of today. i look at this move as a business trip. i'm moving to houston for school and school only. 100% focused. there are people here that only want to see my downfall and i will not let them win. my mom doesn't like the idea of me leaving, but thats only because my pops lives in houston. she still doesn't agree with my reasons for moving, but you can't let people's dislikes rule over you. i feel like in order for me to achieve my dreams and goals, i have to make this move. i have 2 semesters of school left. i can do it ALL online. i'm not missing a beat. still in school. still focused. after undergrad, i'm jumping right into grad school at SHSU. i was talkin to my "mid town crew" and they were telling me that its ok if i don't have the things i wanted by now or be in "that" part of my life yet. they basically said that my 20's was the decade when you find out who you really are and what type of person you are. once you hit 30, life just "clicks together". you just become a totally new person. i agree completely with that statement. it seems like a lot of times i make the dumbest choices and its all because of me being 25 and having the "wildin cuz i'm young" attitude. now i'm not saying that i just live like a rock star and i go clubbing every chance i get. but i mean it like, i can do/say something to someone and not think about how it may affect them. when you are 30 hopefully those days are long gone from your mentality. these next 5years i'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure that by the time i'm 30, everything that needs to be in place will be. i'm really excited about this. i'm really going to miss my friends and family in memphis, but i'm only a short car ride away so i'll be coming back and forth to visit all the time. its been real memphis but i gotta go! lol

peace&love

1 comment:

  1. Aaron Idk why I'm just realizing you have a blog of your own! lol

    I don't blame you for leaving Memphis. Sometimes you have to leave your surroundings and venture into the unknown to figure out who you really are, and who you really want to be. Especially when you're used to living constantly around family. They tend to put you in a box and keep you there. Not because they're evil people, but just because they're so used to you, they don't know how to give you room to change and grow.

    I wish you the best! =)

    ReplyDelete