Wednesday, October 20, 2010

weekend update 10/21/10

hey everyone!!!

i know i said i was gonna be back on Monday with my weekend update but, i had a long weekend. it actually didn't end until Tuesday night. but i really didn't do much though. i was suppose to take a little trip this weekend but it didn't work out. my friend ended up not being able to come so i had to stay in Memphis all weekend for fall break. this is the first time in 2 or 3 years that i didn't go out of town for the break but i got some much needed rest. so what did i do you ask? well, I'm bout to tell ya lol

Friday night i went to Memphis madness for out basketball team. i had a lot of fun. i ended up with my Cre and her friends. it was easily 15 of them. yeah they were THAT deep. so we all sat together and joked and enjoyed ourselves. then we when to this fish place downtown and it was ok. not the biggest fried fish fan, unless its catfish from a black restaurant lol so after we ate we went to this bar that i totally forgot the name of now, but we had some shots and then Cre and i left. but i want to go back and discuss some of her friends. first off let me say that i felt a little out place because i was wearing my Memphis tigers t-shirt and they all had on like polo shirts and nice slacks and the girls were all dressed nice so I'm clearly the kid in this situation lol but when we were all eating, i found out a few things that some of the guys did for a living and they were VERY successful. as in $$$$$$$$ SUCCESSFUL. it was very inspiring though at the same time because these guys were only a year or 2 older than me. they were very down to earth and they said that they would invite me out with them the next time they went out. they reminded me a little of my crew. i want my boys and i to be successful and still be close at the same time. hopefully in the next few years when we are all done with school and well into our professions we can be that way. time will tell......


Saturday was a BAD day for me. like i don't even want to discuss it, because it still pisses me off about what happened. eventually i will have to talk about it because there will be some changes made for me personally very soon, so i will keep u posted. Sunday i went to church and relaxed. i didn't really do much besides work on Monday. Tuesday night i went out to see one of my followers on twitter perform at this place in midtown last night. i honestly didn't think i was going to enjoy myself as much as i did. Sean put on a great show!! me and my first family attended and a few other people that they knew came too and we all had a good time.there were these guys that were there and they KNEW EVERY WORD TO EVERY SONG Sean did. it must be a great feeling being a performer and seeing people singing and relating to the songs that you wrote. after the show, we all went to my favorite place......HUEY'S!!! lol Sean came too and we all kicked it and talked had a really good time. man i wish i had recorded some of the show so i could upload some of it to show u guys. I'm gonna purchase his album next week when i get paid and i will have one of his songs for the "Song of the day" post.

so that was my weekend, very productive, yet relaxing at that same time. oh and if anyone wants to recommend songs for me to post for the "song of the day" post, feel free to do so! i enjoy the feedback that you all give me and i thank you all for your comments. also shoutout to my new blogger followers! thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! well that's all i have to say for now. have a good one folks!

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment